Developing Emotional Maturity Online Course With Diane Musho Hamilton Tuesdays, October 12 – November 16, 2021 4:00 – 5:30 pm MT via Zoom The emotional domain is the gateway to the heart. To become
Developing Emotional Maturity Online Course
With Diane Musho Hamilton
Tuesdays, October 12 – November 16, 2021
4:00 – 5:30 pm MT via Zoom
The emotional domain is the gateway to the heart. To become a whole-hearted human being, someone who is able to include the pain and difficulty of our lives, we must develop the emotional line. We called this kind of development emotional maturity or emotional literacy. It involves a willingness to feel, to become awake to our emotional states, and at the same time, a complete willingness to let feeling subside or go, without holding onto it when it no longer serves. Some of the skills that we will cover in the course are:
- Identifying feelings and naming them.
- Feeling the precise texture in the body.
- Receiving the intelligence and energy of the emotion.
- Learning to relinquish emotions and our attachment to them.
- Communicating about our emotional states.
In this six-week online course you will learn how to:
- Go beyond the tendency to suppress or deny feelings.
- Identify the wisdom in any emotion.
- Become comfortable entering challenging emotional terrain.
- Develop emotional fluency with six primary emotions: Fear, Anger, Grief, Confusion, Longing, Jealousy.
- Use the 5-step practice for metabolizing an emotion.
- Unpack complex emotions and work with contradictory feelings.
- Increase your emotional range of motion.
- Overcome the tendency to cling to emotional experiences.
- Develop the courage to communicate feelings in beneficial ways.
(Tuesday) 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Zoom Conference Platform